Goodpasture Motor Company has been a customer oriented organization since its founding by Frank Goodpasture Sr. in August of 1919.
In the five state region surrounding the Tri-Cities, Goodpasture has been synonymous with Trucks, Truck Parts and Truck Service. Our customer lists read like a who's who in the southern Appalachians spanning the greater part of the twentieth century. It is not uncommon for us to hear stories from people about a grandfather that did business with our company in the 1920's, 30's, or 40's.
When Goodpasture Motor Company started business truck transportation was just getting established. Paved roads were the exception and it was not until 1926 that a fully loaded two-ton truck was driven from New York to San Francisco. Goodpasture had been in business meeting the transportation needs of the area for seven years.
Used trucks were virtually non-existent as the market was just beginning to buy new trucks. Frank Sr. often would sell a customer his first truck and take a mule or a horse in trade. These "motor wagons" were a strange sight in those early days.
In the 1920's and 30's Goodpasture sold and serviced two truck brands Defiance and Federal that are now in the archives of truck history. In 1940 we took on the GMC Truck franchise and later augmented our offerings with International in 1983 and Volvo in 1988. Currently we offer the most complete line of trucks within a 150-mile radius. From Class 4 through Class 8 trucks, 16000# Gross Vehicle Weight Rating to 80000# Gross Combination Weight Rating, we have them all.
Throughout the decades and now in our fourth generation, our company continues to recognize that it is our customers who, with their buying decisions, keep us in business. Our long corporate life is a continuing testimony to that fact.